Dear Friends of Southampton Village,
We are asking for you to consider joining the Southampton Association. For more than 55 years the Association has worked in a bi-partisan manner to preserve the unique charms of Southampton Village. 2020 was a difficult year on many fronts. While the Southampton Association continued to focus on quality of life issues in our Village, we reached out to our local community in many and important ways, including:
- $15,000 donation to the Heart of the Hamptons/Food Pantry during the early days of the pandemic. We also provided over 200 meals from local restaurants to front line Southampton Hospital staff.
- $5,000 support to each of the Southampton Hospital Healthcare Heroes Fund and the Hamptons Health Society. In addition, we underwrote 8 Saturdays of community COVID testing through Baseline/Halper Family Medicine.
- Awarded scholarships to 8 Southampton High School Seniors totaling $40,000 and funded the Graduation Banners placed on Jobs Lane and Narrow Lane for Southampton High School Seniors to acknowledge graduates on Job’s Lane and Narrow Lane.
- Participated as a founding member of the Lake Agawam Conservancy, contributing $50,000 at its inception.
- Organized and paid for urgent tree removal at the Gideon Lodge on Windmill Lane and provided significant support to both our Historical Museum and Christmas Decorations Committee.
- Worked with the Board of the Southampton African American Museum to plan and implement their initial fund-raising appeal. Additionally, we have provided a matching grant of $25,000.
Annual dues and additional