|The Southampton Association is a nonprofit community organization
founded in 1963 to provide a voice for part and full-time residents in
local Village affairs.The Association:
- informs members and area residents of existing and proposed
policies affecting our community
- supports community efforts to preserve and maintain the
beauty, peace and quality of life in our community
- provides a substantial college scholarship annually to a
deserving Southampton High School graduate
Who can join?
Year-round residents, summer residents, anyone residing in Southampton
Village and surrounding areas, whether you own property or not.
How do we operate?
We support principles considered essential to the community’s welfare
in full cooperation with Village officials. Where necessary, we retain
independent professional advisors (planning, traffic, legal) to assure
the best possible input in the formulation of government decisions.
We are in favor of:
- Specific design standards for new buildings, especially in the Village Center, and strengthened architectural review procedures
- The designation and preservation of historic landmarks
- Controlling access to Village beaches
- Careful study of the desirability of increasing the business and
office zones and road capacity in the central Village area
- The development of revisions in the Village Master Plan which
take into account prudent and controlled growth of the Village
- Strict enforcement and selective improvement of zoning
and environmental regulations
- Preserving key open spaces through a combination of
private and governmental effort.
Support Us Today!
The Southampton Association
Southampton, New York 11969
TEL: (631) 745-0004